Location: New York, NY or Philadelphia, PA
Position Summary: Green Mountain Energy Company is seeking an Affinity Sales Manager with outstanding new business development, project management, contract negotiation, sales and relationship management skills. This position will generate residential sales through a variety of affinity partners who refer their customers, members and employees to sign up for Green Mountain Energy’s pollution free products.
This position is responsible for achieving indirect/affinity sales targets in both New York and Pennsylvania. This position will report to the New York Sales Director and will work with our Pennsylvania Market Manager.
- Cultivate new business and identify strategic opportunities with affinity sales/marketing partnerships including state and national associations, non-profits, businesses and other organizations serving residential members, customers, or employees
- Ensure sales targets are met in territories within lower New York State and Eastern Pennsylvania
- Partner with Legal to negotiate and secure contracts with affinity partners
- Coach and train partners to sell GMEC products based on our unique value proposition
- Collaborate with referral partners to develop sales and implementation plans
- Provide partners with necessary sales materials and sign-up interfaces
- Lead, motivate, teach, and sell along side partner sales agents in the field to improve sales and ensure quality
- Manage to acquisition cost targets
- Collaborate with stake holders across departments including HR, accounting, marketing, legal & public relations to support sales efforts
- Generate weekly and monthly sales reports
- Verify that partners are compensated in accordance with approved agreements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of cold calling, prospecting and pipeline management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of contract negotiation experience
- Existing relationships in one or more of the following prospect targets: fundraising organizations such as religious, educational, scout, museum, and/or potential affintity or reseller partners such as associations, store and online retailers, or restaurants or clubs selling through to their customers or members
- Demonstrated success meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Must have strong presentation, communication, documentation, organization and follow-up skills
- Knowledge of energy/deregulation and a sincere desire to help protect the environment are a plus
- College degree preferred
We are seeking candidates with a stable work history that demonstrate our core traits of innovation, partnership, commitment, tenacity and accountability.
Please apply here if you think you have what it takes to be the Affinity Sales Manager.
- Green Mountain Energy Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer -